Sunday, August 7, 2011

new foods....


I've tried a few new foods since being here in Lithuania. One is called "Saltibarsciai" which is a cold beet soup with cucumbers, buttermilk, dill, green onions, and a bit of sour cream and hard boiled egg as garnish. It's served with boiled potatoes. It was very delicious!


That night I also had a salad - but instead of lettuce as the base, it was cabbage! Welcome to Lithuania! The other thing I've noticed here is that they display food very beautifully. Everything has a garnish - even in the grocery stores, the deli has things displayed in cool patterns or with a decoration of some kind.

There are lots of great restaurants in Klaipeda - and tonight we went to a Thai place, which was also very good. I had pad thai with chicken. Yum!


I've been told about a lot of other restaurants to try, so I'm sure there will be many more pictures of food to come.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment