Monday, August 1, 2011

my apartment

I'm finally here!!! I got to see my new apartment first thing yesterday afternoon when I arrived from the airport - I think it's very cute! The kitchen is small but open, and there's big windows in the kitchen and living room that I also really love. I had the windows open this morning and it was awesome to have the fresh air and lots of light! I spent some time unpacking last night, and today took some pictures to show you all.

Here's the kitchen - you'll notice a smaller fridge (than what we have in the US) and only one small sink. But, the counter space is definitely enough for what I need, and I can watch students passing by through the windows. :) My apartment is right by the front door, so they'll all be walking right by!


This is the view out my windows - looks like Europe! There's a Catholic church in the background, and also some lady out taking care of her garden.  Can you spy her?


The bathroom includes all the regular things, including a washer! I don't have a dryer, though, so I already have clothes hanging up to dry.

And, I have my own sign! My office is on the fourth floor of the dorm - I've been to see what it looks like, but haven't really needed to do any work yet. It feels very official to have this - and kind of cool. :)

Oh, and here's a picture of me at the grocery store yesterday afternoon w/ Susie. It's been a bit overwhelming to find the things I'm used to, but also exciting to see all the new or different things as well! I'm going to have to take a long trip there to just explore and see what all I can find. 

This week is more relaxed - I'll have some orientation later in the week with Susie and Kim (Vice President for Student Life), next week the other RD's come, and the following week is when students start returning.

It's been overwhelming to learn so many new things, but I'm excited to keep settling in, learn everyone's name, get to know my way around town, and so much more! 

6 comments:

  1. Love seeing the pictures of your apartment and also everyday things---like the grocery store. Your mom told me about some traveling stress, and I'm so glad you have arrived and found yourself in such a good place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! Your own personal apartment with all the necessities. Loved the pictures! Is there a living or bed room? I would love to hear about the foods you find and maybe even a garden?

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's both a living room and bedroom, but I didn't want to overwhelm you with pics! :) I made a normal recipe today for myself, but will go exploring the grocery store sometime soon, and also go to a market tomorrow or Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your apartment looks so cute! Can't wait to see the rest of it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's the sign from 'The Office'! It's like you're on TV!

    ReplyDelete
  6. miriam - i knew i had seen it somewhere! :)

    ReplyDelete