Saturday, April 21, 2012

Closing Assembly and BBQ

We've had so many events this week - one for almost every night of the week! Here is just one of the things I've been up to....

One is the Closing Assembly for students and faculty/staff. Student Life is in charge of the event, so we planned part of the program and the BBQ afterwards. I didn't get to go to the program because I was helping grill 600 hot dogs, but I still had fun! We started in the afternoon by having to peel the hot dogs and slice the buns, and slice the cucumbers. (Here at LCC we put marinated onions, cucumbers, ketchup and mustard on hot dogs).

 Susie, me and Grazina with (only half) of the hot dogs

Then a little before the program started, we fired up the grills (with a little bit of work) and started cooking!

working hard to fan the grills into flame (with a bit of help from lighter fluid)

Vaidas (faculty member), Susie, Margarita and Bethany

Bethany and I

And the line of students waiting to get their hot dogs after the ceremony


The 2011-2012 Community Life team during clean-up
me, Levi, Olena, Susie and Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment