Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Another week gone by...


One more week closer to returning to the States! The last week has been full of events, but I apologize, because I have not done a good job of taking pictures. Last Friday, there was a major annual event called Parade of Stars. Different countries represented at LCC make a presentation about some aspect about their country. This year the theme was "celebration" and there were different skits about how a wedding or baptism would be or other stories. The evening was very entertaining!

 Participating countries holding their flags to being the event
(L-R) Lithuania, Albania, Russia, US, Moldova, Latvia, Ukraine and Belarus

On Saturday evening, I went to a concert! For being in Student Life, we get one free ticket to a concert of our choice. I picked one with the Lithuanian National Orchestra and a piano soloist playing three of Tchaikovsky's piano concertos. The piano player especially was very good and the evening made me want to be in orchestra again!

AND, tonight I had my new RAs over for the first time! I was a little nervous, but the evening turned out really well. We ate tacos, talked and played charades - and they stayed for THREE hours!!!! (Not what I expected, but still awesome!) It's very different having guys on the team, but I think I will like it! :) We laughed a lot, and I think already have set a good foundation for friendship and conversation. Hopefully we will be effective workers too!

No comments:

Post a Comment