Saturday, April 28, 2012

Graduation

Today was LCC's 17th graduation. Three of my RAs walked today, and it was fun to celebrate with them. We had a Senior Leadership Awards ceremony last night, where each of the student leader supervisors read letters they had written to their senior leaders. It was a fun and special way to publicly affirm their hard work. Today was Baccalaureate and the graduation ceremonies. I only got a few pictures during the ceremony (and they're not very good since I was far away), but I did get some pictures from afterwards. It is a tradition to give a flower to each student who you've come to congratulate. The students each get a rose from LCC and then their hands fill up with bunches of flowers after the ceremony. By the time they leave, many of them have a huge bouquet!

me, Bethany and Kristen waiting to cheer the graduates into the ceremony

Ana receiving her diploma from President Marlene Wall

me and Iuna

me and Ana

graduates throwing their hats in celebration

No comments:

Post a Comment