Monday, December 10, 2012

Christmas program

Last Friday evening was the annual Christmas program at LCC. Student Life is the main department that plans the program, and we have been working on it for months already! Bethany and I were in charge of the costumes, I was the rehearsal accompanist for the choir, and I also helped out with promotional materials. (One of my fingers even went numb for several weeks because of cutting so much paper! And see my last post for a picture of Alisha and I dressed as angels for promotional reasons!) Because of all the preparation, it turned out to be a fun evening - there was a fair before hand where people could sell crafts to raise money for the homeless shelter, and then we had the program. Student Life was also in charge of clean up afterwards, which went MUCH faster than last year, because we had student leaders to help. 

 Colorful gloves for sale at the fair

The angel Gabriel telling Joseph that it's ok to take Mary as his wife.
Toms, one of the Neumann East RAs, was the Angel Gabriel.

 the decked out wisemen
Bethany and I made the crown that's on the middle wiseman

 Almost all the actors - Bethany and I had so much fun doing their costumes!
Kirill, one of my RAs, is the shepherd holding the big white staff.

a cute kid who was very distracted by the shiny bells!

The choir (I'm just to the right of the choir, but not in the picture)

This past week I also helped out at a school for disabled kids in Klaipeda. We went twice - once to get to know the kids, and once to make crafts with them. It was nice to get off campus and experience a traditional school setting.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment