Saturday, November 2, 2013

Tallinn #2

Here are a few more pictures from places I went during my time in Tallinn. I started to get "fancy" with my camera settings. :)

On the way to the Seaplane Harbour museum, I took this shot.

At the Seaplane Harbour museum, I saw a lot of bouys, boats, bombs, tanks, guns, a submarine and ship stuff. This museum is inside seaplane hangers built in the early 20th century. This is a sight from one of the guns I looked at.

Inside the sumbarine Lembit - it was crowded and had lots of knobs and buttons and dials. The bunks for the crew were just spread out where ever there was a free spot, as you can see from this picture.

A shot of the water/harbour/clouds from Seaplane Harbour.

Another place I visited was the grounds/arena where Estonians first gathered in the late 1980s to sing national songs as a form of resistance during Soviet occupation. As a part of this resistance in August 1989, approximately two million people joined hands to form a human chain from Tallinn, Estonia to Vilnius, Lithuania (370 miles!) to demonstrate their desire for independence. 

inside the arena looking up at the clouds




No comments:

Post a Comment