Sunday, September 25, 2011

more 20th pictures!

 This is the chapel worship band leading worship in the Celebratory Chapel on Wednesday. We worked hard to choose songs that focused on praising God and were familiar for all ages. It turned out to be an energizing and focus-setting chapel for the whole weekend.

This picture is from the board meetings on Thursday morning. I volunteered to organize a small choir to sing at the beginning of the meetings. Four women (plus me) and three men helped me out, and we sang "Siyahamba" in English and Zulu. I played the drum and carried the alto part all by myself at the same time! We marched into the room - I'm sitting on a chair on the left side of the room in this picture - and sang while a slide show of pictures of the board played on the screens in the background. It all went so well, even though it was not what I had originally imagined when I first volunteered. I'm learning here in Lithuania to lower my expectations a bit - in a good way. It was not the choirs that I'm used to, with international clothing or complex choral pieces, but just a simple version of a classic song that was meaningful!

No comments:

Post a Comment