Thursday, December 19, 2013

finals week

During finals week, Residence Life hosts a coffee house for the students to give them a study break and some caffeine. I planned one for my dorm by myself, and hosted in this past Sunday night. I made lots of coffee, and the toppings we had were whipped cream, caramel sauce, cinnamon sugar, cocoa powder and milk. I also made (48) homemade lemon poppyseed muffins! The students seemed really happy to have the coffee - there were around 65 students that night, and I ran out of everything!

here is the photo I posted in the Facebook event page as one way of advertising the coffee house... i think the homemade muffins brought a lot of people!

The deal I made with my residents was if they liked a post in the Facebook event page by Monday morning, we would have ANOTHER coffee house. They followed through, so I spent my Tuesday afternoon baking more muffins - this time I made 56 buttermilk spice muffins. You would think that 
here is the photo I posted again on the Facebook event page for the second night.

I am pretty tired after both coffee houses and all that muffin baking, and glad that it is almost the end of the week. Tonight, however, I have had several knocks on my door - since it is check out time, this is not a surprise. One of them, though, was some very sweet girls who delivered a plate of yummy looking banana-filled, chocolate-topped pancakes! They said it was a thank you for doing all that baking for them, and I was so surprised I didn't know what to say! How sweet!
I promptly ate some of the pancakes after taking this picture, and they were delicious!

I will be heading to the States for two weeks to celebrate Christmas with my family, so this will be my last post for a couple weeks. Enjoy the holidays with your friends and family as well, and see you in the new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment