Saturday, December 7, 2013

Christmas program

Last night (Friday) was the annual LCC Christmas program (and Christmas fair). Student Life plans this program, and does all the work to make it come together. My boss, Alisha, was in charge of most of the parts, and each of the RDs led a musical group. Josh led the band, Alicia directed the bell choir, and I did the (vocal) choir. The musical groups and actors have been practicing since the beginning of November, and we were excited to perform. I worked really hard at arranging some pieces for the choir, and even wrote an accompaniment for the bell choir on one of our songs. I am also sore from helping move all the set-up equipment (stage, couches, lights, choir risers, etc), but I really enjoyed the program and performing with the choir in particular.


The premise of the program was a family who told different versions of the Christmas story. The dad told an updated version with all the traditional characters.
See a part of the dad's story here.

Part of the dad's story included musical numbers from the choir and band.
See one of the band's songs here.
See one of the choir's songs here. (I arranged this one myself!)

The mom told a story of her friend Gladys, who was our new Chaplain (a guy) dressed up as a woman. My camera battery ran out, so I don't have any videos of this, but it was hilarious!



1 comment:

  1. I wish I could have been there. All the parts you have video for are amazing! I love the musical arrangements of both songs, and the humor in the Dad's story is such fun!

    ReplyDelete