Monday, May 27, 2013

summer has begun

It's been a somewhat busy summer so far, but I have a few pictures to share... I have a new group of RAs for the summer - three girls - Radvile, Renata and Victoriya. They are very helpful and involved in their duties, and we've had two events so far already! Last night we hosted a movie outdoors - like at a drive-in theater! We made kepta duona (a Lithuanian specialty of fried bread with cheese, garlic and mayo), hot cocoa and lemonade, and all were wrapped up in blankets because it was pretty cold!

Viktoriya with our HUGE pan of kepta duona!!!
She will also be my RA next year, so I'm especially excited to work with her this summer and get to know her better before the next school year begins.

I've also tried to make treats for my RAs for our weekly meetings... Last week I learned that they all like animals (especially cats) very much, so I spent the evening tonight making "cat cupcakes" for us to eat tomorrow! Hopefully they will be pleasantly surprised!

the cupcakes are carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. (my favorite, because i don't really care for cats so much...) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment