Monday, March 25, 2013

Amsterdam food

I and my parents have safely returned to our respective countries, and I now have a little bit of time to post for the first time about my Spring Break trip to Amsterdam. The first installment is about one of the most important parts of any trip: food!

The first night, we went to an Indonesian restaurant, and had a rice dish with lots of different toppings (meats, spicy eggs, chips, etc). Indonesia was once a Dutch colony, so there are quite a few different Indonesian restaurants in Amsterdam.

Another favorite thing we ate was called "Pannekoeken" which is a really big flat pancake with something cooked inside. This is my dad eating a pancake with bacon and pineapple for breakfast one morning - yum!

One last favorite was of course the "patat frites" or french fries with mayonnaise or some other topping. There were lots of small shops that sold these to passersby.


No comments:

Post a Comment