Thursday, September 13, 2012

Ugly Duckling


The last week or so has been somewhat normal, which is why I haven't posted anything. But we have also been busy getting ready for the annual Ugly Duckling Cup, which is an LCC tradition. Four teams (three from the residence halls, and one faculty/staff) each build their own boat and race it across the LCC pond! This year the students were super excited about building boats - in Enns we had been working on ours for three days! 

The evening consisted of the following events:


A recycled material fashion show

A scavenger hunt

A game in which teams could have only certain body parts touching the ground at once

Team cheers, slogans and flags

And of course, the actual race, which included a 3-part relay

And racing the boats across the pond

This year we also had a pirate, who tried to sabotage the boats in the middle of the race!
(He pulled me into the water!)

I was dressed for the first part of the evening as the "Enns Queen"

And then quick took off my costume to help the faculty/staff boat across the lake!
(That's me with my crown still attached)

And here is the winning team: Neumann East!

I have so many pictures - I asked one of my residents to take some for us, and she did a GREAT job!!! Thank you Kristina!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment