Wednesday, August 15, 2012

holiday

Today was a national holiday in Lithuania, so we had the day off! I took a trip to Juodkrante, which is on the Curonian Spit. I visited "Raganu Kalnas" (Witches' Hill) which is a short trail with lots of carved wooden statues along the path. There were lots of interesting statues with funny faces and even one that had a slide through the mouth of the face! I also went to a cute little restaurant and ate fish, and walked around the town for a while. It was nice to get away from campus and totally relax. My camera ran out of batteries shortly into the day, so I only have pictures from Witches' Hill. 

The entrance

one of the many statues - i'm not exactly sure what it is, so use your imagination!

this one is definitely a dragon

there were plenty of picture opportunities - this crazy face was on the back of a chair

No comments:

Post a Comment