Saturday, December 3, 2011

Christmas program

On Friday night we put on the annual LCC Christmas program. The whole event was organized by one of our Student Life colleagues, Olena. She did a great job of coordinating the whole show! My part was directing the choir - my first time leading an adult choir by myself - I think my music education skills were definitely put to use in this part of my job! We sang 5 songs - O Come All Ye Faithful, O Come O Come Emmanuel, Angels We Have Heard on High, Silent Night, and Freedom is Coming (the traditional Christmas program closing song at LCC). We had about 35 people in the choir, and I thoroughly appreciated their willingness and enthusiasm, even with the limited amount of practicing we did. I was a bit nervous about how everything would come out yesterday at the program, but it ended up being very worthwhile - I enjoyed getting to interact with some students that I never would have known otherwise.

Adjusting the lights for the choir before the program started

Joseph and a real baby, who started crying in the middle of a song :)

Shepherds and angel with a huge stuffed sheep

the program included national carols from several different countries including Ukraine

and Moldova (these three girls are on one of my floors!)

the choir!

No comments:

Post a Comment