Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Serve Day

This past Saturday afternoon, Student Life organized a campus-wide Serve Day. We did lots of service projects around Klaipeda and on campus. I helped the Spiritual Life team cook soup to serve to everyone afterwards - about 250 people! It was a bit stressful at one point for me, because we had four big pots of soup, and nothing was boiling after being on the stove for almost 3 hours! We ended up splitting everything into smaller pots and using the 8 burners in mine and Levi's apartments to cook everything. I'm glad to have had some experience at Rachel's Bread in dealing with stressful situations like this. :) It all turned out ok in the end, and I heard many good comments about the food. Here's a few pictures (not taken by me) that I like.

 Cutting up onions

 Cutting up cooked chicken

 Silvia's excited to be serving! :)

Spiritual Life team serving our soup

No comments:

Post a Comment