Saturday, October 22, 2011

Friday, Friday

Yesterday I did two unusual things! 

1. I dyed my hair with henna! My RA, Anya, came to help me - actually she was the one who thought of the idea. I've done this before, but not within the last year or so. It was fun to talk to her and just hang out. 

 Mixing up the dye

 Waiting....

The finished product! It's just enough red to make people look twice. :)

2. I gave a presentation in my Lithuanian class on my family - all in Lithuanian! We've learned verbs, grammar and most recently some adjectives and family words, so I was able to talk about my parents, brother, grandparents, and what they do for a living or for fun. I also described the animals we have on our farm, including the peacocks which everyone was very excited about. Someone even asked me to imitate their sound, which I did, much to the class' amusement. 

"Povas" in Lithuanian

No comments:

Post a Comment