Saturday, July 23, 2011

more friends

 
Thursday night I had supper w/ this very fun family (minus one) - they're friends from my growing up days in Kansas. We had supper, played spoons and Qwirkle (is that how you spell it?), made fun of the new Rebecca Black song, and laughed a lot!

Last night I went to the Beck's house for supper - these are some very dear friends from church. Eric (on the left) is one of my youth group "kids" and we DOMINATED in euchre last night!!!!! Kevin has been a great encouragement to me over the past few years in youth group leadership. And Pat, dear Pat, has helped me lead youth group for the past two years. We've gotten to know and appreciate each other and work well together. I will miss praying, talking, laughing, going to the Brew, and just plain ol' hanging out with her.

These beautiful ladies are from church as well, and we went to the Chief this afternoon. It wasn't nearly as hot as Thursday night, and we saw a very big beetle on the ground that really loved following us around. They also volunteered to take me to the airport on Saturday morning - thank you for your generosity, ladies!

Today was my last Saturday at the bakery, so I said goodbye to the awesome farmer's market next door. I will still be working several days next week, but Saturdays have their own unique feel, and I will miss talking with Rachel while washing dishes, conversing and laughing with customers, and even the busy-ness! I also usually go to the market next door to buy fresh produce for my meals over the weekend - today I bought beets, tomatoes and carrots. I will miss Dale's carrots the most - he grows the best ones around!

I had better start packing soon - I'll be in the air one week from today! Are you a last-minute packer like me? :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment