Thursday, July 21, 2011

goodbyes

today i said goodbye to four people!

Hannah - a friend that I used to work w/ at Rachel's Bread. We've kept in touch and since we still both live in Goshen, we can see each other too!

Dave and Kim - my pastor and his wife. I'll see them again before I leave, but we wanted to do something fun together one last time!

We walked to the Chief (a local ice cream shop) and sweated up a storm! The heat index was over 100 (and very humid), so needless to say we were very glad when we got to sit down and eat ice cream! This picture is of Kim's sweaty arm. :)

Joanna - another friend from the bakery. She lives in St. Louis now, so we just talked on the phone. But still, we won't talk again till after I'm in a different country!

Leaving is beginning to become reality through having to say goodbye to so many people, but I think it's not truly going to hit me until I get on the plane. I think this plane ride will force an abrupt transition for me - I've been in Goshen for so long that I still can't quite believe yet that anything's changing.

No comments:

Post a Comment